Are you ready for the Criminal Finances Act 2017?
The Criminal Finances act comes into force at the end of September, so now is the time to protect your business.
The main part of the Act that will impact the Recruitment Industry is Part 3 : Corporate Offences of Failure to Prevent Facilitation of Tax Evasion.
The new offence could potentially have very serious implications for recruiters; it is now possible for businesses and their Directors to be prosecuted where their Employees (or other associated persons) have, unbeknownst to them, facilitated tax evasion.
With the deadline looming, now is the time to act to ensure you are compliant, we can help by conducting a free impartial review of your supply chain and help you implement preventative measures in line with the Government’s guidelines on the Criminal Finances Act.
What can we do for you?
- Risk Assessment – We will determine whether there is any risk in your supply chain
- Top Level Commitment – We will work with your Senior Management Team and Directors to ensure commitment to the implementation of any changes
- Due Diligence – We can help you implement stringent due diligence checks on your current and future supply chain
- Communication – Together we would look to communicate any procedures to your contractor population and internal staff, from which you could build a regular scheduled training plan
- Ongoing Monitoring and Review – We will support you in monitoring and managing your risk to ensure the culture values towards compliance are being upheld and the supply chain remains ‘clean’
If you would like us to help you protect your business please get in touch with our Corporate Development Director Mike Lee on +44 (0) 7765 868739 or call our office on +44 161 359 3235 to arrange an obligation-free chat
For some practical advice on how to prepare for the Criminal Finances Act take a look at our handy guide below.