PRIVACY & GDPR
This notice applies across all websites that we own and operate and all services we provide, including our online and mobile accounting and financial services products, and any other information, apps or services we may offer and provide as part of our services, online or offline. For the purpose of this notice, simply our ‘services. ’
When we say ‘personal data’ we mean identifiable information about you, like your name, email, address, telephone number, bank account details, payment information, support queries, community comments and so on. If you can’t be identified (for example, when personal data has been aggregated and anonymised) then this notice doesn’t apply.
Updates to this Notice
We may need to update this notice from time to time. Where a change is significant, we’ll make sure we let you know, usually by sending you an email.
Review or Download this Privacy Notice
You can read the whole notice below online, download a PDF Copy in full from the link here, or if you haven’t got much time, you can jump to the section you need using the menu on the right of this notice.
Who we Are
When we refer to ‘we’ (or ‘our’ or ‘us’), that means Workr Group and all its wholly owned subsidiaries.
Our headquarters are in Manchester in the UK and you can find our Contact details on our Workr homepage
We provide Accountancy and Payroll services for Flexible Workers and Contractors working in the UK, Europe & Internationally.
Our principles of Data Protection
Our approach to data protection is built around four key principles which are central to everything we do in relation to storing, processing and protecting your personal data:
- Fully transparent, open, honest and compliant with the GDPR and related data protection legislation applicable under UK and EU law
- We only store the personal data needed to enable use to help match you with and deliver the best service we provide to meet your needs and to enable us to meet legal, contractual and specific uses to which you have consented.
- You may withdraw your consent for any optional personal data to be stored or used at any time.
- We are committed to securing the personal data you have entrusted to us and accept the responsibility for ensuring its safe-keeping
How we collect your personal data
When you visit our websites or use our services, we collect personal data. The ways we collect it can be broadly categorised into the following:
Information you provide to us directly: When you visit or use some parts of our websites and/or services we might ask you to provide personal data to us.
- For example, we may ask for your contact information when you make an enquiry, request a quotation or illustration, submit an applications form or when we make you an email offer, join us on social media, take part in events, contact us with questions or request customer service support or support.
- If you don’t want to provide us with personal data, you don’t have to, but it might mean you can’t use some parts of our websites or services.
Information we collect automatically: We collect some information about you automatically when you visit our websites or use our services, like your IP address and device type.
- We also collect information when you navigate through our websites and services, including what pages you looked at and what links you clicked on.
- This information is useful for us as it helps us get a better understanding of how you’re using our websites and services so that we can
- continue to provide the best experience possible (e.g., by personalising the content you see).
- Some of this information is collected using cookies and similar tracking technologies. If you want to find out more about the types of cookies we use, why, and how you can control them, take a look at our cookie notice.
Information we get from third parties: The majority of information we collect, we collect directly from you. Sometimes we might collect personal data about you from other sources, such as publicly available materials or trusted third parties like our marketing and research partners. We use this information to supplement the personal data we already hold about you, in order to better inform, personalise and improve our services, and to validate the personal data you provide.
Purposes for which we process and store your personal data: Where we collect personal data, we’ll only process it:
- To perform a contract with you, or
- Where we have legitimate interests to process the personal data and they’re not overridden by your rights, or
- In accordance with a legal obligation, or
- Where we have your express consent.
If we don’t collect your personal data: We may be unable to provide you with all our services, and some features may be unavailable to you.
How we use your data
We use your personal data to operate our websites and provide you with any services you’ve requested, and to manage our relationship with you. We also use your personal data for other purposes, which may include the following:
To communicate with you. This may include:
- Providing you with information you’ve requested from us or
- Information we are required to send to you
- Operational communications, like changes to our websites and services, security updates, or
- Assistance with using
our websites and services
- Marketing communications (about Workr Group or another brand, product or service, offered by our group that we believe you might be interested in) in accordance with your marketing preferences
- Asking you for feedback or to take part in any research we are conducting (which we may engage a third party to
To provide you with support and customer service: This may include assisting with the resolution of accounting, finance and payroll support issues or other issues relating to the websites or services, whether by email, inside applications provided as part of our services support or otherwise.
To enhance our products, websites and services and develop new ones: For example, by tracking and monitoring your use of websites and services so we can keep improving, or by carrying out technical analysis of our websites and services so that we can optimise your user experience and provide you with more efficient websites, tools and information as part of our services.
To market to you: In addition to sending you marketing communications, we may also use your personal data to display targeted promotions and advertising to you online – through our own websites and services or through third party websites and their platforms.
To analyse, aggregate and report: We may use the personal data we collect about you and other users of our websites and services (whether obtained directly or from third parties) to produce aggregated and anonymised analytics and reports, which we may share publicly or with third parties because any identifiable personal data has been removed by anonymisation and aggregation.
How we can share your data
There will be times when we need to share your personal data with third parties. We will only disclose your personal data to:
- other companies in the Workr group of companies
- third party service providers and partners who assist and enable us to use the personal data to, for example, support
- delivery of or provide functionality required to deliver our services, or to market or promote our services to you
- regulators, tax and law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where we think it’s necessary
- to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and
- appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure.
- an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with an actual or proposed purchase, merger
- or acquisition of any part of our business
- other people or parties where we have your consent.
International Data Transfers; When we share data, it may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country you live in – such as to the United States, where our data hosting provider’s servers are sometimes located.
- These countries may have laws different to what you’re used to. Where we disclose personal data to a third party in another country, we put safeguards in place to ensure your personal data remains protected.
- For individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA), this means that your data may be transferred outside of the EEA. Where your personal data is transferred outside the EEA, it will only be transferred to countries that have been identified as providing adequate protection for EEA data, or to a third party where we have approved transfer mechanisms in place to protect your personal data – i.e., by entering into the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses, or by ensuring the entity is Privacy Shield certified (for transfers to US-based third parties).
- For further information, please contact us using the details set out in the Privacy Centre on this website or email [email protected]
Security and Your Personal Data
Security is always our priority for your personal data. We’re committed to protecting your personal data and have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to make sure that happens. This includes the adoption of best practices both for your personal data and for the overall information security of all information stored across the Workr Group of Companies.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, to provide you with a service you’ve requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
- We’ll retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business or legal need to retain it, in accordance with our data retention policies, UK and EU law and practices.
- Following that period, we’ll make sure it’s deleted or anonymised.
- Where you have consented to provide optional personal data in addition to needs of your contract with us, legal requirements and/or your vital interests then we will review and request your review and renew or revoke your optional consents at least every two years from the date when the information was provided by you to Workr Group.
Your rights and your Personal Data
It’s your personal data and you have certain rights relating to it. When it comes to marketing communications, you can ask us not to send you these at any time – just follow the unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication, or send your request to [email protected] or use the simple online form provided.
You also have rights as follows:
- Know what personal data we hold about you, and to make sure it’s correct and up to date
- Request a copy of your personal data, or ask us to restrict processing your personal data or delete it
- Object to our continued processing of your personal data
You can exercise these rights at any time by sending an email to [email protected]
If you’re not happy with how we are processing your personal data, please let us know by sending an email to [email protected]. We will review and investigate your complaint, and always try to get back to you within a reasonable time frame. You can also complain to your local data protection authority. They will be able to advise you how to submit a complaint.
How to contact us and lodge a Personal Data Request
We’re always keen to hear from you. If you’re curious about what personal data we hold about you or you have a question or feedback for us on this notice, our websites or services, please use the online form provided and send us your enquiry.
Generally it is more convenient and faster for us to respond by email/online correspondence – but if you prefer to speak to our Data Protection Officer then please call our Manchester HQ and ask for Data Protection.