SELF-EMPLOYMENT & CIS
Specialist, HMRC compliant Self Employment and CIS services
Walker Smith’s Self Employment Plus is a comprehensive service for individuals who choose and are eligible to work on a self employed basis, both inside and outside of the construction industry.
You continue to work as normal, while we take care of your invoicing, cash collection, payroll, and supporting you with your personal tax. In addition, you receive a full suite of enhanced insurances to protect you while working your contract.
If you work in the Construction industry, we provide the highest levels of compliance in relation to CIS, employment law and tax practice to give you peace of mind when carrying out your work. And we provide full transparency so you know where you stand at all times in relation to your pay and tax affairs.
Self Employment Plus is totally flexible and there is no minimum contract to sign or restrictions on how many clients you can engage whilst working with us.
How does it work?
With Self Employment Plus we will register you with HMRC and notify them that you intend to generate income outside of a formal employment environment. If you are already registered then we will skip this part of the process.
We invoice for the work that you complete, collect the cash and then you receive your income into your personal bank account and have to pay the appropriate tax at the end of each tax year by submitting a personal tax return.
If you work in the Construction industry a percentage of your earnings is withheld on your behalf each time you are paid. This tax is then offset against any liability created when you complete your personal tax return.
In addition to managing your invoicing, credit control and ensuring you get paid on time, we can also complete your end of year self-assessment for a modest additional fee if required.
Benefits of Walker Smith’s Self-employment & CIS service:
- Low weekly fee (tax-deductible)
- Full tax and compliance with CIS requirements
- Advice on suitability of solution based on latest tax legislation
- Same day payments (the day we get paid – you get paid)
- Daily payroll run with advance facility
- £7 million insurance cover through Hiscox as standard
- All invoicing and cash collection taken care of
- AIG Personal accident insurance including £30K of life cover
- Portable solution to take from contract-to-contract (Continuous Engagement which helps when completing you tax return)
- Completion of end of year tax return if required (additional fee applies)
Call 0161 359 3235 to find out how we can help. Our friendly team will talk through your circumstances and provide advice on the best means for you to manage your finances.